Thursday, March 24, 2005

PURPOSE STATEMENT & INTENT

I recently, as of yesterday, began "blogging" and already I feel the great weight of responsibility resting squarely on my shoulders. It began as a simple, fun thing, yet has already grown into much much more. Don't get me wrong. I am in awe of my Blog (as of yet i am unsure if the word "Blog" should be capitalized, it seems like it should so I shall). I can sit at read my posts over and over and over again, and enjoy the sheer artistry of the pre-made background mixed in with my own stunning photography, and laugh over and over at my witty jibes and creative quips. As I stare deep into my Blog, i start to feel like I am doing too little. Thoughts run through my head, like an old woman in a wheelchair who has lost control and is speeding down a hill in St. Petersburg: Am I doing too little? Am I doing too much? If I add more text, will it be funny enough, will it be cluttered?
Someone I don't know actually liked my Blog...so far. What if I cannot fulfill this person's liking? What if I have unfunny posts for a day? What if I cant find a pair of clean dress socks that matches and I have to wear a Mickey Mouse Christmas sock paired up with a Garfield Christmas sock on Easter Sunday? These are the kinds of questions that are constantly spinning inside my head.
My blog must live up to it's potential, I mean, I could solve some of the worlds biggest issues on my blog, or find cures to unknown deiseases, or help people budget their money and buy homes with no money down.
So I say, ONWARD. I am prepared to meet the challenge of the Blog, ready to test my whit, and my mettle, and courage, and perhaps some honor?

Also I think some Haiku would be nice.

-fin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home