Friday, December 16, 2005

PEEPO

Well, we've talked about a bird with epilepsy, a bird with one eye who was possessed and various other animals who have crossed our paths and entered our lives. With that said, I'd like to pay tribute to PEEPO. Peepo was not a bird. She was a kitten. All of our animals seemed to have had some weird kind of quirk, well unfortunately, Peepo's problems were all my fault. You see, Peepo was a miniature kitten. That's not her breed, she was just that way. She was also blind. Poor thing. She started out as just a normal little kitten who we had gotten quite attached to. She was so cute and fluffy. She always played with us and would hide in certain places where we always knew we could find her. It was like a game. One morning I got out of bed and went in the living room to talk to my mother. I was sitting there in the lazy boy rocking chair rocking back and forth for about half an hour when my mother asked if I had seen Peepo. I said no, and continued rocking. When it finally dawned on me to look under the chair (that was one of her favorite hiding spots) I lifted the chair up from the back and to my dismay, there was my little kitten. Crushed. Dead. Now, this lazy boy chair had been broken for some time. A spring had broken out of the bottom and when you would rock in the chair, the spring would push into the carpet. I wasn't even fat then. I was only about 12 years old. Apparently, Peepo was laying right underneath the broken spring and the spring crushed her. And I just sat there for ½ and hour continuously crushing her. I felt so horrible. She was so badly hurt that some of her body parts (insides) came out a little. I know this is gross, but I want you to hear the WHOLE story.

So, here we are. Me balling hysterically cause I just killed my cute, furry little friend, my poor tiny kitten laying helplessly dead on the floor and not knowing what to do, when all of the sudden, my mom....(she's a faithFUL one) swoops up this kitten, tells it, "You will not die!" and starts speaking in tongues and then yes, just like the rescuer for drowning victim, renders it CPR. She breathed into the kitten's mouth. And what do you know? The dang thing came back to life. Talk about having nine lives. At first we thought that she would eventually die anyways. Give it a couple days or so. But she lived on for about 6 years. Yes, 6 years. She never grew bigger than the size she was when she got crushed. Something about the accident did something to her body to cause her not to grow. Not quite sure what. She was pretty normal for the first four years and then her health starting declining. She became blind and couldn't even see to eat her food. We started hand feeding her and just taking really good care of her. We knew she wasn't comfortable after a while, it started to show, but we just couldn't bear to put her down. I mean, she was our little miracle kitten. She must have been dead for at least 10 minutes. That's nuts. Anyhow, we ended up moving to Applegate and it's ver cold there. I think she just gave up. She died up there in Applegate and is buried in the front yard on Crother Road. I still feel terribly guilty about the whole thing. But it was a total accident. I just wished I wasn't the one who did it. Anyhow....

That's all I have to say about that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Youngs said...

Is that the real reason you aren't fond of cats, because you feel guilty for Peepo? Or is it just Gizmo being not a very good cat??

poor peepo
-Luke

Thursday, 29 December, 2005  
Blogger Natalie said...

Gizmo sucks.

Monday, 09 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home